Friday 31 October 2014

treasured times rubber stamp challenge


This was one of a few free digis that were given by treasured times rubber stamp to use for their guest designer challenge. Everyone was welcome to submit an entry from beginner to advanced. I'm still in beginner stage & have only completed 2 classes of Alyce Keegans Kit & Clowder skin & hair class

I thought this digi was really cute & couldn't wait to get started on it, but I had to be patient as my hands/arms had been hurting and I needed to rest them for a few days.

As usual the picture decided the colour scheme for me. 
I started using my new inktense pencils on the clothes but wasn't sure or confident of how the colours would turn out. I didn't know which pencils to use for my skin tones so I quickly reverted back to my trusty copics, until I have had a decent play with them & set up a colour chart of normal & water added colours. 

Wow, loved the colours after I added water to them. I think the inktense pencils will be included in all of my images now :)

I didn't write down what pencils I used as I didnt realise they had the name and numbers etched into them, but will do this next time. For the skin I used my favourite skin combination E50, E51, E53 & E93.

I think the deep pink helps to bring the image out & showcases it a lot more.

I was procrastinating on whether I should add it to the challenge or not. I am and always will be my own worst critic on absolutely everything I do. 

After to-ing & fro-ing for a while I finally decided why not, you have to be  part of it so I added it. 

Hope I don't get any negative comments :)






No comments:

Post a Comment